05.06.2019: Big question and big guest for the last episode of this season. Martin Ghisletti is in the studio to discuss the question „Why a PhD?“ in a career perspective. He was Head of the ETH Career Center and is currently leading the team of Personnel and Organisational Development at ETH.
Some of the questions that we try to answer during this episode are:
- What are motivating factors for a PhD? What are good ones?
- For which jobs is a PhD a must? For which ones is it a nice-to-have? And for which ones can it be an obstacle?
- What is a good point during the PhD to start to think about the next career step?
- What are important career factors after the PhD in academia? And in industry?
- How to translate the skills acquired during the PhD for jobs outside academia?
Thank you for having followed DoctorYou S02!
The old episodes are available on Spotify, iTunes, Mixcloud to add an interesting twist to your summer! On the train, at the beach, in the mountains, at home or on the way to your job: every place and every moment is good for listening to DoctorYou!
Have a nice summer!